What is a Garment Steamer?
Garment steamers are a popular alternative to irons. They are used for quickly removing the wrinkles out of your fabrics and garments with high-temperature steaming. Typical like irons garments steamers also run on electricity. Basically, the steamers do not flatten the garment they rather relax the fibers specially with trusted brand (View Here). They are rather gentle on your fabric and easily remove wrinkles. Hence, garment steamers are ideal for clothes which need gentler heating like silk or training gym clothes like polypropylene.
However, many switch to clothes steamer because steaming is safer than an iron in many ways as explained in the following paragraphs.
There are basically three types of garment steamers available in the market.
- Commercial floor models that used in manufacturing industries
- Dry cleaners for small scale industries
- Mid-sized models for seamstresses, designers, and tailors
- Handheld devices for household and traveling purposes
How to use a garment steamer?
Garment Steamers ideal albeit aren’t that easy to use especially if you have never read the manual. Anything at all is harder to use for in inexperienced. As mentioned above, garment steamers come in many shapes and sizes but all of them have the same function; to blow the wrinkles out of your clothes. This magical wand like device magically takes out wrinkles from your fabrics. First of all, you have to load the water into the tank and then with the water-loaded tank you have to blow the steam on the clothes, lightly touching the surface letting the gravity and hot water take out the wrinkles in their wake. A steamer isn’t hard to use if you know what it is.
Advantages of a Garment Steamer
As compared to irons this device comes with magical features, almost extraterrestrial. Let us go through them one by one.
- They remove wrinkles without much labor. All you have to do is blow those wrinkles away while they’re still hanging on the hanger.
- Garment steamers are ideal for all types of clothes, unlike iron which can not be run through every fabric owing to the sensitivity of some clothes.
- Besides, steamers can reach into places that an iron can not.
- Irons scorch and burn clothes but garment steamers are safer when it comes to sensitive clothes. They are gentle to sensitive fabrics.
- A stretched out garment can be turned back into its original shape with the help of a steamer. Irons stretch garments like woolen sweaters whereas, garment steamers not only take it back to its original shape but also take out the wrinkles.
- Also, blankets and quilts can be steamed to not only kill the wrinkles but dust-mites.
- Drapes and carpets can be steamed as well to freshen them up.
- Garment steamers are an excellent form of sanitizers too as they steam away any bad or nose-itching odors.